SGS Recovery, LLC based in Buffalo, New York supplies tailored engineered fuel to utilities, paper-mills and cement kilns. To produce high-quality consistent and dependable fuel, they use TANA waste shredders to grind a large variety of materials into fuel: biomass, end-of-life tires, plastics, and fluff for instance.
The company is especially happy with the service they have received from TANA’s Texas-based service hub ran by Humdinger Equipment. Reliable service and dependable parts delivery are important to keep the machines reliably running.
– Buffalo Fuel Corp. started as a large trucking company, and we’ve expanded our services to recycling and waste management, Glen Altman says. He works as a site supervisor at SGS, oversees recycling operations and makes sure that everything is running smoothly.
Some time ago the company was looking for a new and multifunctional waste shredder. They did some research, compared different options and decided to start purchasing Tana equipment.
– We were searching for a specific piece of equipment that could grind various materials, Altman explains.
Altman is especially happy with the service the company has received from Tana and Tana’s Texas-based rep Humdinger Equipment.
– We picked Tana because of the service Humdinger Equipment can provide for us. It was also important to know the proximity of how soon the parts could be delivered, Altman describes.
Multifunctionality and advanced technological properties are some of the benefits of the Tana machines.
– It’s a mobile, versatile piece of equipment – we can switch from tires to wood or to almost any material, Altman adds.
SGS first purchased one Tana Waste Shredder, then another. Since the overall experience has been great, they’re planning on continuing the cooperation and getting more of them.
– Tana understands the shredding world and the needs we have. We’re not making ice cream here, it’s a tough business and Tana makes a tough piece of equipment, Altman sums up.